How To Sleep For Hair Growth? Is Sleep Important For Hair Growth?
Are you worried about your hair loss? Are you not getting enough sleep? Well, either of these options can create a great impact on your physical health. Poor sleep may lead to several health issues like stress, skin issues, lack of energy level, and a poor immunity system. Lack of sleep causes hair loss that can highly increase the stress level in your body. This may hamper the capacity for the functioning of the normal cells which can lead to hair loss or hair thinning. Several studies claim that poor sleep conditions like sleep apnea may affect the hair condition since a part of the circadian cycle may partially affect the growth cycle of the hair follicles.
Stress Is Equal To Hair Loss
Stress- sleep and hair loss are all interrelated. A sound sleep at night is required for protein synthesis of the hair and releases the growth hormones also which is very important for overall hair health. Our body produces melatonin which is a hormone that helps in regulating the body’s sleep cycle and increases hair growth. If the body’s melatonin levels are down then there is a chance of extreme hair loss. Lack of sleep can lead to stress which forces the hair follicle in a premature resting state which is again followed by a hair shedding phase.
Now focusing on the other side of the coin, does sleep help your hair grow? Sleep has a stress-relieving property that occurs due to a fluctuating hormone level in the body. Stress is such a factor that can be controlled by a series of hormones in our body. When the ACTH hormone level of the body increases, it then instructs the adrenal gland to produce some stress hormone Adrenaline. But the production of the Adrenaline hormone stops when you have a sound sleep. While you sleep, the pituitary gland helps to slow down the production of ACTH and adrenal glands.
Additionally, there is a simple logic that stress can highly affect sleep quality and quantity. So, try leading a stress-free life and get a sound sleep at night. According to most researcher's sleep is important for hair growth as that can reduce the stress level which may help to reduce hair loss specifically Androgenic Alopecia.
Hair loss specifically Androgenic Alopecia is not a condition that we love but unfortunately, more than 50 – 75% of men suffer from Androgenic Alopecia which takes you a step closer to balding each day. Not just men, women also suffer from extreme hair thinning. So, if you are also suffering from extreme hair loss and experiencing a lack of sleep then you must know the best way to sleep for hair growth and get a night of better sleep.
Tips To Get A Good Sleep At Night
Here is a list of tips on how to sleep for hair growth. This is a simple set of instructions that must be followed every night to promote deep sleep. Certain specific habits and rituals may highly impact sleep quality. So, the following are the tips on how to sleep well, that must be followed to have a better sleep at night-
- Maintain a schedule- It is very important to maintain a fixed bedtime and wake up a schedule and stick to that as much as possible even when it is hard to stick on. This helps in maintaining a fixed circadian rhythm that can also prevent sleep deficiency.
- Maintain a healthy life- It is very important to maintain a healthy life through exercising or at least going for a short walk to keep your body fit and fine. Additionally, try to be in exposure to the sun as much as possible to keep the body’s natural clock working.
- Take a short nap- Even if you are suffering from a deficiency of sleep, your daytime nap must not be more than 30 minutes. Any sleep longer than that in the daytime may give rise to some grogginess and you may also find it difficult to sleep at night.
- Avoid blue light- Any electronic screens and even energy-efficient bulbs are popular as blue light which has the same wavelength as that of natural light. So this plays a very important role in our sleeping cycle specifically at night. The best plan is to avoid any of it during the night.
- Keep your bedroom comfortable- Keep your bedroom as dark as possible and keep all possible distractions away. Use dark curtains to darken out the room when the light is turned off. Also, make sure that the room temperature is comfortable for your sleep. Most of people prefer maintaining a cool bedroom temperature, but you must choose what is comfortable for you.
Use comfortable mattresses- One of the most important aspects of having a good sleep is a comfortable mattress. Ensure that the mattress you are using is soft enough and is providing great ergonomic support to your body. Well, patients suffering from back pain, neck pain, and other similar conditions may not feel comfortable sleeping in a soft mattress; rather they need firmer ergonomic support. The best news is now you can buy the bests mattress online at the most affordable price.
The importance of sleep cannot be underestimated and researchers have already proved that sleep deficiency can play a major role in hair loss and hair thinning. However, facts about hair growth to sleep deficiency require more research to entirely understand the consequences of poor sleep. Sleep and stress are interrelated and this also contributes to hair loss in a very small amount. So, we should focus on alleviating the key factors that can address sleep deficiency by embracing changes in lifestyle, diet, and even seeking help from a medical professional. Improve your sleep quality and relish a great quality of life.